- CIBER’s scientific directors will be scientists with established reputations in the areas of research of the CIBER, with experience in performing and managing research projects. Each Scientific Director will act within the individual functions attributed by this Statute.
- They will be appointed by the President of the Governing Body, taking into account the Governing Body’s opinion (and, in the event of belonging to an institution in the consortium, with its approval), for a four-year period, extendible by agreement of the parties. Continuity in the Scientific Directors’ tasks will be subject to the annual assessment of the performance of this work and/or the continuity of the CIBER, and/or the continuity of the research area.
- At the proposal of each Scientific Director, the President of the Governing Body will be able to appoint Assistant Directors of the CIBER, who will perform the functions assigned to them by the Directors. Continuity of the Assistant Directors’ work will be subject to the annual assessment of the performance of this work and/or the continuity of the CIBER.
- The Scientific Management of the CIBER and where applicable Assistant Management shall be incompatible with the management of any other institution with legal personality and/or with full-time management of healthcare, academic institutions, Public Research Bodies or organisations with similar characteristics to the above. The Scientific Management of the CIBER and where applicable the Assistant Management shall not under any circumstances have any salary paid to them by the CIBER. This does not mean they cannot be refunded for any duly substantiated expenses meant for them by performing their functions. The exception to this rule is in the case of the Scientific Management or Assistant Management being carried out on an exclusive basis, in which case the CIBER and the professional interested in this will reach mutual agreement on the economic conditions and on the latter’s joining the Consortium.
- CIBERBBN (Bioengineering, Biomaterials and Nanomedicine): Ramón Martínez Mañez
- CIBERER (Enfermedades Raras): Francesc Palau Martínez
- CIBERES (Rare Diseases): Ferran Barbé Illa
- CIBEREHD (Liver and Digestive Diseases): Jordi Bruix Tudó
- CIBERESP (Respiratory Diseases): Miguel Delgado Rodríguez
- CIBERSAM (Mental Health): Celso Arango López
- CIBERDEM (Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases ): Eduard Montanya Mías
- CIBEROBN (Physiopathology of Obesity and Nutrition): Carlos Diéguez González